(Parental Discretion Advised)

Legal Disclaimer: All content is simply my opinion and cannot be used to sue anyone.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

candy and more flowers

 Before Christmas I bought some silicone candy molds, along with cream fillings, from Kitchen Krafts.  I was fairly ill and never got around to making any candy tho, until last friday.  I LOVE the silicone molds!  They are a thousand times better than the plastic candy molds.  And dishwasher safe!

Here are some of the candies I made.  The white is actually raspberry, the orange is orange, and the chocolate is the big block of Ghirardelli from Sam's Club.  My parents are out of town so I will be looking for other chocolate this weekend.  (The fillings have to be used up within four weeks once opened.)  One of the molds makes squares and the other does hearts.
  

Once I made the candies, I wanted to figure out how to box them up nicely.  I thought I had several Bigz XL dies for boxes, but I only had one, for the shaker box.  It is too short for the candy.
 

Then I remembered that I had several Coluzzle templates that made boxes.  I tried some out this morning and thought the Take-Out box was the best fit for a few candies.


I stamped the outside with a paisley stamp and also sprayed glimmer mist on it.  I didn't do handles because... I didn't feel like it.  :)
   

I still wanted to mail fancy cards for the upcoming birthdays, so I made them with accordion fold flowers cuz I thought they were sturdier.  Then I remembered I had a bunch of clear acetate boxes that I had purchased to hold sets of cards.  The boxes are perfect for one fancy 3-d card.  I plan on mailing them in a bubble envelope, and think the box will protect them.
Here is Karen's card, in the box.


Here it is out of the box.  I used America's colors since she lives in England.  The sheer ribbon is from Oriental Trading.


This is Suzie's card.  I picked the color scheme because of the 12 inch long scraps Jodi left lest time she came over scrapping.  HA!  I like using up scraps.  I also used some Baker's twine!
   

Have a great day!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment