(Parental Discretion Advised)

Legal Disclaimer: All content is simply my opinion and cannot be used to sue anyone.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spinners!!!!

I was SUPER excited when I saw the spinner hands in the SU! Occasions catalog.  When Salabration came along, I had to order them.  Originally, I didn't plan on getting the matching stamp set, but I was kinda ill when I placed my order and purchased it.  I am a bit disappointed with it tho- there are four stamps, and only two are usable with the spinner hands.  One is the birthday stamp shown below, and one is a "good job" type stamp.  The other two have more than one occasion in the spinner spots- so if you used one on a wedding card, say, they could spin it and it would say "Happy Baby!" or something inappropriate.  I want the spinners to SPIN, dang it, that is the point, so I can't see ever using the multiple occasion stamps.  Out of the four in the set, 1 I will use, 1 I might and 2 I won't.   Should not have spend the money, right?

Here is the birthday card.  I put the washer on the brad FIRST, then the spinner, and when I folded the legs of the brad down, I added a piece of chipboard to the back of the stamped image so the legs aren't too tight.  That way the spinner spins freely, and zooms around and around.  I do love the spinner!  (Remove the chipboard after bending the legs!)

Here is a thank you card that I made up the spinner board.  I found a blank divided circle online, and printed off some on cardstock.  I stamped things relating to saying thanks in each slice.  I didn't have as many as I thought I would, lol.  Some are a bit... different for a thank you card! I  am going to make some spinner boards that have less slices, so I can fit bigger stamps in them.

Have a great day!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment