(Parental Discretion Advised)

Legal Disclaimer: All content is simply my opinion and cannot be used to sue anyone.

Monday, August 10, 2009

card of the week

A bit late, due to the sinus/lymph node infection. :)

When I first started stamping, Jodi came over and had a sympathy stamp set. I thought it was very odd and laughed. Naturally, I ended up borrowing it from her shortly after and then purchasing several sets of my own. It seems sympathy cards are my most requested.... mostly from Mother.

Mother only likes cards that are religious. These don't specifically say "god" but I put the cross and the verse mentions prayer so I think she should be fine. I wanted to make some cards with texture, and since these were the first I have made since I got that notion, I ran a piece of cardstock thru the big shot with an embossing plate. The scrolls was the only thing I thought was appropriate for sympathy. (I did have one with tears(actually rain), but that didn't work out.)

The cardstock is old In Colors from SU!, I figure I have to use them up sometime. I do hate cutting things out tho, so that was a trial. :)

The card base is a brown, the texture piece is an odd blue.
The inside verse was from Papertray.

(sorry, my camera wouldn't focus today.)

Sometimes I make mistakes. One of the crosses ended up too crooked even for my "homemade isn't perfect" attitude, so I skipped the textured paper on that one.
Have a good week,
Anne

PS. Anyone else notice that blogger totally screws with your spacing when you post? I spend an hour editting the post to try and make it keep the spacing how I want!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment