(Parental Discretion Advised)

Legal Disclaimer: All content is simply my opinion and cannot be used to sue anyone.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sizzix Create-a-Bow

I just received the Sizzix Create-a-Bow die, and so far I love it!

Today I had two gifts to wrap, one a belated Christmas gift and one an early birthday gift, so I tried the die out to decorate the gifts.

This one is for my Mom:

Top view:


This is the Christmas gift:




The die is very easy to use.  You have to cut each of three pieces five or six times, so I did three papers at a time.  To just make the bow, and not the included buttons, you can cut the paper to 3 inches by 6 inches, so you have enough paper in a 12x12 sheet for one bow.

I did the center slightly differently.  I cut an extra short piece and made it into a loop to cover the brad up.  I do plan on looking if anyone makes brads with longer prongs tho, it is hard to get all the layers onto a regular brad!

Next time I will pry try double sided paper.  I just didn't have any that matched the wrapping paper.  Ohh- I bet you could use the wrapping paper to make a bow also!  At least the Current stuff- it is thicker and I made a bunch of bags this Christmas with it...

Have a great day!

Anne

1 comment:

  1. These bows are great. I hope you decide to enter more challenges.

    I am following now. : )
    Georgiana
    http://www.carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete