(Parental Discretion Advised)

Legal Disclaimer: All content is simply my opinion and cannot be used to sue anyone.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentines and Book of the Month

Book Of The Month

I have been having problems getting the books I want from the library lately.  One actually disappeared from the library website- I think someone must have stolen it or something!  I did finally get one of the bunch I have been waiting for tho, and I loved it!

Dog, Inc.: The Uncanny Inside Story of Cloning Man's Best Friend
By
John Woestendiek

If you remember the excitement/slash horror when Dolly the sheep was introduced as the first cloned animal, but not really anything happening since then, like me, this would be a great book for you!  The author explains in plain American English everything you could want to know about cloning, specifically the most recent developments in cloning dogs and cats for owners who wish to have their favorite pet back again... even tho it isn't really the same animal!

What I found most interesting was the whole cloning thing was started by an eccentric but very rich man who gets bored easily and decided he wanted to clone his girlfriend's dog!!  Great details of the whole process, yet easy to understand.

And the stories and the TRUTH behind the some of the people that were the first to clone their dog was really fun also.

****

Now on to the valentines!  Here is the card I made to send to my Godchildren this year.  I couldn't believe it when I realized I do not actually have a stamp that says "Happy Valentine's Day!"  Crazy, huh?  So I put "I adore you!" on them instead.  :)  Should embarrass the 18 year old boy, right?

The squirrel is from PaperTrey Inc.  The Magic Mesh (once again) was made by Minnesota Moms.   Cardstock by SU!, pattern paper from.... my bin of it.

Have a great week!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment