(Parental Discretion Advised)

Legal Disclaimer: All content is simply my opinion and cannot be used to sue anyone.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Finished First Crochet Project!


A few weeks ago I purchased some books online, including the Lion Brand book "Just Scarves". It contained both knit and crochet project, which always irritates me when I purchase what I think is a KNITTING book. :) Luckily I decided to take up crochet this week, and found a cool project in it.

I found all the yarn I needed in my stash. I didn't use all Lion brand, but I did use their Incredible ribbon yarn in City Lights.

First I knitted the base in Caron Simply Soft yarn, in Limelight. It was very easy once I got the hang of the crocheting. It is all double crochet, but you skip some stitches every other row to make holes.



When you are done crocheting, you weave pieces on the ribbon yarn thru the holes. You are supposed to sew the ribbon ends to the scarf, but I hate sewing, and already had to do it today on the headband, so I just tied adjacent pieces. This made the fringe look thin, so I added additional fringe.


Mom even liked it- she said she wants one, but wider. I had adapted the pattern by making it narrower, I think this is the widest I would ever wear, but I agreed to do one more repeat so there are seven holes across in the next one.
Hope you like it!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment