(Parental Discretion Advised)

Legal Disclaimer: All content is simply my opinion and cannot be used to sue anyone.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mustache card and Hanes undies

I recently purchased the "manly" stack from DCWV, and when I saw the awesome embossed mustaches, I knew I had to send them to my brother.  As it happens, I sat down to work on the card at the same time as his son was making a card using the kid stamps. (I have a special bin for the kid stamps.)  One of the stamps Ethie pulled out to use was pry my oldest stamp. It is a self-inking stamp my mom brought home over ten years ago from her job at a doctor's office, and is a "vital statistics" form.  I have never used it on an actual project, but as I showed Ethie how to use it, I realized it was PERFECT for my brother's card.

Here is the outside:
  
 

This inside:
    

He recently quit chewing.  :)
______

I have only purchased undies from the plus-size stores for the past ten years or more.  Recently however, I have become increasingly bothered by the high prices and the low quality.  I did not, however, know my "magic undie" number, since they are sold by clothes size in the plus-size world.  One day after I trolled the sites and couldn't find any undies for less then TWELVE dollars a pair, I finally had a good idea- I got the catalog from where I purchased my last pair of pants, looked up the measurements for my size, and found a chart for the "magic undie" number and figured out mine!  Now I was free to shop at regular stores!

A few days later, I went to Wally World and wandered around looking for the undie rows.  Somehow I managed to find that section, and there was my magic number- I was ready to purchase!  I looked over the offerings and settled on Hanes Hi-Cut.  I had seen the "no ride up" ads, but wasn't really impressed.  I just hoped they fit and I liked the style.  Once home, they went straight in the wash since I am allergic to the sizing they use on clothes- mostly I can't even try on clothes before washing them.

Now, you have to understand my nightly ritual to understand this post.  Right before bed, I sit on my bed and do various oils, get my cpap mask ready, get my wrist brace on... this means by the time I lay down, I am too high up on the bed and have to scoot my bum down the bed to line up my head on my pillow.  The scooting always causes my undies to bunch up, so this ALWAYS means I have to lunge around trying to get my undies pulled back into position.   Always.  Until the night I put on the Hanes undies.  They did NOT SLIDE UP!  At all.  I just could lay down and get my eye mask
on and go to sleep.  It was.... stunning!

So yeah, they work. Now if they only had packs with all black.  Or ghost white nude.  :)
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment